What is it all about?
In today's world of web hosting, these companies are offering their customers with a "one-click install." After installing Wordpress.org onto our server, we will take a peek inside!
- Editor (Do Not Touch)
- Plug ins
- Adding a theme- Uploading onto the server, inside our themes folder.
- Go to Appearance, then themes
- On the themes page, locate your newly uploaded theme and activate
- View Source
- Find <header id="masthead" class="site-header" role="banner">
- Upload logo via Media on Dashboard
- Copy and paste the absolute link
- Open the header.php, below the div class branding, add your image
- Upload your header.php file
- On the dashboard, go to Plug ins, ADD
- Search "Soliloquy"
- Research plug ins
- Install Soliloquy Lite
- Activate Soliloquy Lite
- Add images
- View shortcode [soliloquy id="9"]
- How to add your shortcode in Wordpress
- But Wait... where do we place the Soliloquy Slider....???
Now it's time for our index.php.
The index.php is our "home page." We need to tell wordpress that this our our front page (home page). We do that with a comment tag: /*
Template Name: Front Page
and... by going to the DASHBOARD and...by going to Settings, then Reading.
You will need the images for the flex-slider and logo!
- In the Dashboard, go to the Pages tab, the All Pages
- Let's edit our home page!
- View Source...and you will find certain names for containers - here they are!
Where are your widgets?